Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Hyde Park


It was yet again another beautiful autumn day here in London, so I took it upon myself to take a stroll through Hyde Park.  I find it so therapeutic to just sit at the parks here and take in everything around me.  And that is exactly what I needed today as it marks my one month I have left here in London.  Usually that has been only a content and bittersweet feeling, but today it was rather emotional.  I found myself tearing up at the thought of: when will I ever be here living in London and seeing this everyday again.    Sadly the answer is probably never.  But I really need to stop thinking about all of that and make the most of my last month here.  So I got up and continued on my walk through Hyde Park. 







Hyde Park is one of the locations of the Diana Princess of Wales Memorial Walk, which is a seven-mile-long walk that goes through: St James's Park, Green Park, Hyde Park, and Kensington Gardens.
The path takes you within sight of famous buildings and locations associated with the Princess during her life.  One of the stops in Hyde Park is a fountain that was built as a memorial to Diana.  The design aims to reflect her life: water flows from the highest point in two directions as it cascades, swirls, and bubbles before meeting in a calm pool at the bottom.



Cheers!  -Brittany 

No comments:

Post a Comment