Sunday, October 14, 2012

Weekend Highlights

It is 1:00am as I sit here nibbling on my carrots and hummus, sipping my tea, and yup--- waiting to watch the Packer game--- supporting my pride once again all the way from London, I figured I should probably write you all an update.  Um first of all I guess I am not as much of a “Londoner” as I thought yet…  Instead of setting my alarm to wake up at 1:15 to watch the game I set it for 12:15 or 00:15 thinking that that meant 1:15.  This whole military time thing throws me off as soon as it gets into the 20:00 hours.

Saturday morning I went to what has become my favorite market here in London so far, Portobello.  The road is lined with adorable vintage clothing and jewelry shops, as well as tea and sweets cafes.  There are also numerous vendors lining the streets trying to sell either their vintage pieces or fresh produce.  Basically this market is my happiness in a nutshell! 
It was Saturday, so of course I had pay a visit to the market in the centre right around the corner from my flat to get a very much needed gluten free nutella and banana crepe.  Again, delicious!  And I remembered to take pictures this time!


Today, Sunday, I was required to attend two different religious services for my ‘Religions in London’ class.  In the morning I went to a Unitarian service and in the evening I went to a new Anglican service.  I hate to use the word interesting, but I don’t really know what else to say to describe the experience.  Very, very different than my traditional Catholic masses I am used to.  However, it was interesting seeing other religious forms of worship and praise. 
I hope you all had a great weekend!
-Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment