Wednesday, December 19, 2012

My Bittersweet, Sentimental Goodbye:

My day tomorrow will consist of me taking my last final and then getting on a plane back to the states where I will bawl my eyes out and eat my nutella... Seriously... I am trying to only let myself think about seeing my family and friends and being home for Christmas.  It really is the only thing getting me through this.

I came here knowing absolutely no one and never having left the country before.  I am overjoyed to say that I am leaving London with countless new friendships and having been to a total of four other countries.  When I first arrived I was completely awestruck with the British culture and city of London.  Everything has now become so normal to me I can’t imagine not seeing and being a part of it every day.  Bear with me when I speak British lingo and please stop me when I look the “wrong way” before crossing the street because I know it’s going to happen a lot (I have been trying to be careful in my blogs and use “American” language). 

I cannot believe how much I have changed and grown as a person in just three months.  To all of you young-ins out there, please, I cannot express enough how much you NEED to take advantage of study abroad opportunities!  When will you ever have the chance to live in another country for months?  Probably never, so take advantage of what is offered to you now!  I am so thankful and blessed to have been given this opportunity to experience and partake in everything that I have in the past three months.  This journey and the city of London will forever remain a special place in my heart. 

I want to say thank you to each and every one of you for following my on my adventures.  2,857 total views to date… wow!  I tried my best to update and entertain all of you and I hope you enjoyed living vicariously through me for the past couple of months.  See you soon!

And for one last time... Cheers from London!
Love, Brittany 

No comments:

Post a Comment